- We Collect Information to Provide You with Findd Services
- Information Findd Collects
- What You Should Know About Specific Products
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Data Retention Policy
- Information Posted to Our Blog and Community Forum Is Public
- We Take Security Seriously
- You Are Responsible for Maintaining the Accuracy and Confidentiality of Your Email Address and Password
- We Are Not Responsible for Content on Third-Party Websites
- We Post Updates on Our Website Whenever This Policy Changes
- Contact Us if You Have Any Questions or Concerns?
1. We Collect Information to Provide You with Findd Services
2. Information Findd Collects
- Registration Information
To create an account, you must provide your email address and a password.
- Credit Card Information
If you purchase a Findd Service directly from us, we may collect your credit card number, expiration date, security code and other applicable billing information. We use this information to bill you for services. Findd uses third-party payment processors and therefore has only limited information about your payment transactions.
- Device Information
When you use Findd Services, our servers automatically record certain information about your mobile device. This information may include an equipment identifier (e.g., IMEI, UDID), subscriber identifier (e.g., IMSI), device name, mobile phone number, device type and manufacturer, operating system type and version, wireless carrier/operator, network type, country of origin, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the dates and times of your requests. We use this information to provide our services, and support if needed.
- Employment Application Information
If you wish to fill out our employment application form, we will ask for information, including your name, email address, phone number, and allow you to upload your resume and cover letter. We use this information to determine if you are an eligible candidate for an available position, to contact you to set up an interview if appropriate and to follow up with you about your application experience.
- Social Media Features
- Information About Your Use of Findd Services on Your Phone
We use analytics software so that we can improve the features and usability of our products. This software may analyze information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, and where the application was downloaded. We may also use such information to show you relevant content and suggest new features, products and services that can enhance your use of the Findd Service. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
- Information About Your Use of Findd’s Websites and Emails
We use analytics services to measure how people use our website and emails so that we can improve our products and services and provide more relevant content to you. Analytics services may work by embedding invisible images that are associated with unique identifiers on our site, by using cookies or other local device storage or by using web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, and similar tracking technologies.
- Premium Content & Promotions
We may ask for your email address and other contact information in order to access various Findd content, such as whitepapers, videos, or other research materials, to participate in surveys, contests, promotions, or sweepstakes, or to obtain additional information about Findd services and products. This information will be used to provide you with additional information on products and services from Findd or our business partners, which might be of interest to you. You can choose not to receive such marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails, as further described below.
- Location Information
Some features we offer work better if we know what area you are in. Findd may collect location information in two ways. We may receive it directly from your mobile device, or, in some situations, we may receive location data from cell tower or Wi-Fi hotspot information. We may use third-party service providers to translate that information into usable location information.
- Photos and other Camera Data
Our mobile applications use the camera as part of our facial recognition functionality and capture imagery of the user as part of the features our solution offers. The imagery is only capture when the user initiates the capture and is stored locally and uploaded to our secure online storage facilities as part of our solution.
- Other Information You Provide to Us
3. What You Should Know About Specific Products
This section provides additional information about specific services and features that are part of the Findd Services. The information is used as described in this section and in the section entitled “How We Use the Information We Collect” below.
- Findd Mobile applications
What types of user information does the Findd Mobile application collect:
- Precise Location (GPS and network-based)
- Findd mobile applications capture location details and information including GPS coordinates from the mobile device to record user locations when punching in via the software.
- We access and utilize device cameras to capture imagery of the person using the application as part of the punch record.
- Access Bluetooth Settings
- We use Bluetooth settings to detect beacons that are part of our geofencing features to determine location. Beacons are set up and registered by the account owner for use with their account.
How the information is used: The location information we collect is uploaded to the Grandd Central cloud solution and stored for use in geofencing features and other features related to location. This information is only captured while using the application and when initiated by the you the user. The imagery from the device is only captured when initiated by you and is stored locally on the device as part of the application as well as uploaded to the Grandd Central cloud solution and stored for use in timekeeping features accessible by the account owner.
- Grandd Central online applications
What types of user information does the Grandd Central application collect:
- Account information
- This includes contact information such as name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Photos and face recognition biometric data
- Photos of those who use the system are stored in Grandd Central representing their individual punch records and face recognition biometric data.
- Location data
- We store the location record (including GPS) associated with each punch uploaded from the users device when available.
How the information is used: We use the data collected in Grandd Central in order to provide the products and services we offer surrounding time tracking and geofence capabilities. The photos and locations of individuals using the system are displayed as part of the solution used in tracking time and location for a company’s workers. When requested by our clients we do integrate with their time and attendance and or payroll systems in order to share the information we collect for their business purposes.
- Google AdWords – These cookies allow our vendors to serve ads based on your past visits to our sites and for remarketing purposes. Google may use this cookie and other tracking technology to show you our ads across the internet. Google permits you to opt out of Google’s use of these cookies by visiting Google’s Ads Settings.
5. How We Use the Information We Collect
In addition to the specific uses described above, we also use your information in the following manner:
- We Use Your Information to Provide, Improve, and Promote our Services.
We use your information to provide you with a better service, to improve our products and services, to promote our services and to develop new services. For example:
- If you fill out a survey or email Findd for support, we may retain that information in order to provide you with support and to improve our services.
- We may send text messages to your phone to communicate with your device.
- We may use your email address or mobile number to send privacy or security related notices and notify you of major Findd services changes.
- We may use your email address or mobile phone number to communicate about product announcements and special promotions from Findd or our business partners, or to administer participation in special events, surveys, contests and sweepstakes.
- We may use your information to conduct market research and engage in joint promotional activities with companies that have products that can add value to Findd products or services (for example, with mobile operators).
- We May Disclose Your Information in Accordance with the Law.
- We Share Your Information to Provide or Improve Our Services
We share your information with third parties to provide or improve our services. For example:
- We may share your information with third party service providers of products and services integrated with our software that need to know your information to fulfill your product or service requests (for example, to map your location, send you an SMS or provide you with identity protection services), support our products and services, or analyze data for product performance and product improvement purposes.
- We may share your information with mobile operators who participate in our Customer Care Web Application program to enable them to assist you directly with Findd Missing Device features, such as remote locate, lock, wipe, or Scream through our Customer Care Web Application, at your request.
- We may share your information to perform accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation, and collection activities.
- We may share your information with our affiliates, resellers or other third party service providers that are working with Findd (for example, mobile operators and MDM providers) to ensure proper delivery of your purchase and related support services, perform business-related functions, and provide you with information about products and services.
- We Share Your Information to Avoid Unnecessary Marketing
In order to prevent you from receiving duplicate or unnecessary marketing about Findd products or service, we may share your information or your status as a current Findd customer with our partners or service providers.
- We Share Data That is Aggregated and De-Identified
We share de-identified or aggregated data publicly and with our partners and other third-parties.
- We May Disclose Your Information With Your Consent
We may also share your personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
6. Data Retention Policy
Our policy is to retain personally identifiable information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide our products and services to you and others or as otherwise required for legal compliance purposes. We may delete your data if your account is inactive and as otherwise provided in our Terms of Service.
7. Information Posted to Our Blog and Community Forum Is Public
If you comment on our blog or other public forums, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of those blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these blogs or for any content you receive as a result of sharing such information. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are not able to remove your personal information, we will let you know why.
8. We Take Security Seriously
Securing your data is important to us. Findd uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards. For example, we use a combination of firewalls, authentication, physical security, and other safeguards to protect your account and your data. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or location based information) on our website, within the Findd app, or in our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Because no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information, data or content that Findd receives on your behalf to operate the Findd services, or that you transmit to Findd. All such receipt or transmission of your information is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Findd learns of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
9. You Are Responsible for Maintaining the Accuracy and Confidentiality of Your Email Address and Password
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password at all times. We recommend a strong password that you do not use with other solutions. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change your password immediately via the Findd website, or contact us at email@example.com for assistance. You are responsible for ensuring that the email address associated with your account is accurate. We use that email to contact you about updates, changes to our policies, and account activities such as requests for your information. Findd is not responsible for personal data transmitted to a third party as a result of a user’s providing an incorrect email address.
10. We Are Not Responsible for Content on Third-Party Websites
Our site contains links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you leave Findd’s website and go elsewhere. Findd does not accept liability for misuse of any information by any website controller to which we may link. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites, which may differ from ours. In addition, if you take advantage of an offer from one of our partners, you may be providing information directly to that partner. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of these partners, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any partners or linked sites.
In the event that Findd is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
12. We Post Updates on Our Website Whenever This Policy Changes
13. Contact Us if You Have Any Questions or Concerns
- Original policy effective as of March 15, 2017.